Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hit and Run Accident


After 20+ years of deer vs. car-free driving, the streak ended last night on my way home from class. It was very foggy and I was slowing to possibly make the turn that would get me close to home and then decided that it was too curvy of a road for such a foggy night. I was almost at a complete stop and about to accelerate to continue on my way when I saw a deer dinking around in the ditch line. In an instant he decided to try to cross my path, but I knew he couldn't and BAM! Stoooopid deer ran right into the side of the car. He turned and ran back the way he had come from, hopefully with a concussion or at least a full-blown headache!

I stopped in town under better light and out of the way of any traffic traveling in the fog and saw that he had put two dents into the doors of the car and knocked off the mirror. Minimal damage, considering what COULD have happened at a higher rate of speed and if I had run into him (I call it a him because, well, come ON!). My welcoming committee at home was two men in blue--ok, one was Kurt and the other was technically in brown since it was a deputy, but you catch my drift!

Anyone care to guess what kind of monetary damage the little blankety blank may have caused? We haven't done an estimate yet, be kind...

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh no, glad you are ok and that the damage isn't too bad. I hope it's a cheap fix...

Related Posts with Thumbnails