Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs






I absolutely LOVE this book. Love it, I tell you. So when they adapted it into a movie, I was pretty excited. But any previews I saw did not seem much at all like the book =( We decided that we'd venture out to see it with the boys. (It was that or Where the Wild Things are--and I know that lots of people are loving that one, I've even read several blogs attesting to that. But in chatting with Momma's who have kids that are as old as Paxton and Beckett, I decided that was not the movie for us). Kurt got online and while it was no longer here in town, Dubuque had it--in 3D no less if we so desired!
I will say that this foray into a theater went MUCH better than when we took them to see Ice Age a couple of months ago. All in all it was a nice afternoon out--except for the fact that the theater only serves COKE products!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ooh!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the book, too. The previews always made me a little upset because they don't really look like the book at all. So, I want to hear from someone who loves the book, too. Did you really like the movie? Would you recommend it to a fellow book lover? (Looks like your boys had fun!! I love the pics of the 3D glasses and the carseat. Isn't that the way kids are?!)

Brimful Curiosities said...

We're waiting for the new Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog. Also wondering about Cloudy (would it keep my 4yo daughter's interest?) Avoiding Where the Wild Things Are until the kids get bigger.

Related Posts with Thumbnails