Saturday, September 5, 2009

Parker's room is on the tour!





OK, so it's the HOME tour, not the PGA tour--although we're getting close! I finished painting a few weeks ago and have slowly been adding the golf touches that we've been going for. I already posted a couple of previous projects, now you can see where they ended up in the overall scheme of design =) (Except for the darker pic--sorry!)
Above his bed (which, incidentally my Mom slept in when she was younger!) is my latest undertaking. I bought the display racks on ebay (should have taken a close up pic) and painted the back part to match the trim of the room. Jutting out are golf tees that you place the balls on. He's collecting logo balls from courses that he's played on (that's what you see so far--would you believe he's also played six other courses that we don't have balls for yet?) or other courses in the area.
The frames above the bookcase are empty for the moment (I got 5 matching frames at Goodwill for $.69 each and painted them to match everything else. I may put his medals in them) Trophies and photos are on the shelves. We do have a couple of blank walls yet, I'm hoping to hang some real clubs on one of them and maybe a couple of neat prints of classic golf courses or difficult holes--we'll see!

1 comment:

DashaD said...

How in the world do you have time for everything?? Amazing!
It looks great, I can't wait to see the completely finished result! You are so creative!

Related Posts with Thumbnails