Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday Night Supper


Forgive the missing portion on the end--I got Beckett one and then remembered that I wanted a picture! These are a family favorite: Chicken Enchilladas! Again, it's something that I can make without a recipe, which is great when I shop, because list-making is not my best attribute! This is a great way to use leftover chicken from an earlier night's dinner. To make:

Cooked and chopped/shredded chicken (I use 2-3 breasts)
1 C Sour Cream
1 can cream of chix soup
1 pkg large tortillas
1 can refried beans
1 can enchillada sauce
1 pkg of cheddar cheese


Mix cooked chopped or shredded chicken with the soup and sour cream. Lay a tortilla flat and down the center smear a spoonful of the beans. On this lay a stripe of the chicken mixture down and top with a sprinkle of cheese. Roll up and lay seam side down in a 9x13 pan. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Once all are arranged in the pan, pour the enchillada sauce over all and top with the remaining cheese. You can also put sliced black olives and sliced green onions on top if you'd like. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
I usually make Spanish rice and corn muffins to go along with these--BIG HIT!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

YUM! I think I'll make these soon!

Brimful Curiosities said...

I'm always looking for easy to remember recipes. Looks good! Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails