Friday, May 20, 2011

Couch to 5K....


Have you heard of this? It's a program you can find on the Web that is designed to get you up and moving! Over the course of 8 weeks you start from nothing and will be able to run for 30 minutes, which is the equivalent to running a 5K mini-marathon. You do it 3 times a week and in the beginning its a blend of walking and running for short distances and as you progress, it's more running/less walking. Today was day one for me and I didn't keel over, so there's hope, right? I have some on-line and real-life friends who have done this with great success, so there's really no reason I can't do it--in my mind anyway, HA!
Of course it meant buying a pair of shoes not based soley on how cute they look (although, they are stinking cute) AND a good bra to keep the girls in place! A couple of friends have recommended some apps to download to my ipod, so that's next on my list. Wish me luck, Peeps!!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

good for you! you'll have so much fun!

kelly

Brimful Curiosities said...

Maybe I should give it try. There was a time in my life when 5K wasn't a big deal...seems about as scary as climbing a mountain at this point.

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Sounds like a really good idea...think I'll check it out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails