Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Planning Monday


For the first time all year, I found it hard to get in the mindset to do this weeks menu!! I think it was the planning of Easter dinner that did it--HA! Trying a couple of new things this week--it's been a while since I've had a "What's for Supper Saturday" post, maybe one of these will morph into one!
Again, I am linking up with Organizing Junkie--HUNDREDS of blogs link up there each week. Since the minimum meal plan contains 5 meals, most do 7 days worth and plenty are better than me and do breakfasts and lunches AND recipe links, one trip over there could get you set up for months!!
For us this week:

Monday: Still have class--the boys mooch from Grandma!
Tuesday: Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
Wednesday: Kurt will be home, he's in charge!!
Thursday: Marinated chicken and veggies on the grill (red potatoes, onion, asparagus)
Friday: Beef rouladan, spaetzle, green beans
Saturday: Poppyseed chicken, pasta side, corn
Sunday: Not entirely sure yet--the grocery flier comes out tomorrow, LOL!

Let me just add that last week one of my planned meals didn't happen and we resorted to Dominoes for convenience. Two pizzas, breadsticks and "free" soda was THIRTY dollars with tip!! I can do 2 or 3 GOOD homemade meals for that. Puts things in perspective, for sure!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails