Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mini Bedroom Makeover



When we got our king-size bed about 7 years ago, I bought a darling bedding ensemble by Waverly in a black/white toile pattern. I LOVE it and Kurt was sweet enough to tolerate it for so long--HA!! But alas, its starting to look a smidge shabby with all of the activity that the boys perform on it (it's Parker's favorite place to wrestle with the little boys!) So I've been keeping an eye out for something to replace it without spending a small fortune. I also wanted to avoid having to repaint the walls in our bedroom (I don't ask for much)
Today at Kohl's I found what fit the bill!! Chocolate and white--it really works with the blue walls of our room. Of course it was on sale (50% off), a sweet saleslady gave me a coupon for another 15% off and when I got to the checkout, the nice guy there said "I think if you buy one of these comforter sets, you get 2 throw pillows for free". I told him I hadn't noticed a sign like that (and I'm usually all over something like that!) but he said "I'm pretty sure that's the deal" and took off 2 of the 3 pillows I had off of the tab =) THEN he helped me carry everything to the car!
Kurt seems to like what I picked, but did comment about the vast number of pillows that perch upon the bed--which he's entitled to do since he makes the bed about 29 out of 31 days a month!!!

1 comment:

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Beautiful, dramatic, clean, strong...and you didn't have to repaint. And multiple discounts besides! That's good shopping!

Related Posts with Thumbnails