Friday, August 7, 2009

Pears and White Chairs...






Those are the repeating themes in the dining room! When we bought our capecod home a few years ago, EVERY SINGLE room in it had white walls and a grannysmith apple green trim. BLECH! The dining room was one of the first rooms that got paint. I fell in love with the red: it was bold, but 3 of the walls are broken up with openings of some sort and it got lots of natural light, so I went for it. The large hutch/cupboard on the only large wall was left with the house and works great for the kids games and photo albums and plenty of places in the top part for some of my family photos and books. There are lots of little chairs in here: wooden, wire, tin--all are white though! Quite a collection of pears is emerging as well--I've got some on the wall, a couple of fun stuffed fabric ones and 2 done in wire that I just got at Hobby Lobby (50% off, of course)
The arched doorway leads to the living room, the french doors take you to the deck and the north wall is almost entirely open to the kitchen. In one corner is a built-in china hutch (someday I'll blog about what's in there!) A close look will reveal the little boys golf clubs in one corner as well!
The newest improvement to the dining room is the chandelier above the table! I got it on clearance at Menards last week. Kurt took down the ceiling fan that had been there from day one and my Dad hung the new fixture (while I wisely exited through the kitchen) Kurt thinks it's "OK", I really like it!

1 comment:

DashaD said...

It's very nice, Colleen! It definitely has a warm, home-y feel to it! I love seeing how other homes are decorated. We've been in our house for 2.5 years, and for the most part it has furniture and essentials, but it does not really feel purposefully decorated, you know? I keep planning certain things, but can't seem to get around to most of them. While I typically gravitate towards contemporary in our house, seeing all other homes is very inspirational to me! :) Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails