Monday, September 6, 2010

Menu Planning Monday


Labor day edition!!! School started for everyone here this past week, so we need to get in a new groove with schedules. The little boys new "mooch night" will be Thursdays since that is my new class night. I did my grocery shopping on Saturday, so I should be set for the week! I'm linking up to I'm an Organizing Junkie as always--her link is in my sidebar =)

Monday: Golden Mushroom Pork Chops, mashed taters, peas
Tuesday: Stuffed Peppers, rice, corn
Wednesday: Ham Steaks, sweet potatoes, green beans
Thursday: No cooking for me
Friday: Something with ground beef--TBD
Saturday: London Broil, cowboy potatoes, veggie
Sunday: Balsamic marinated chicken breasts (new recipe), pasta side, veggie

A friend asked me about how I meal plan: there's no huge science to it, I mostly sit down with the local grocery stores sale flyer and start from there. I check out what meats are on sale and build on that. If ground beef or chicken breasts or stewmeat is a good deal, I'll buy extra and freeze some in my Seal-a-Meal bags (LOVE this thing!) That way when the sale items are chicken thighs and other meat I don't like, I can always fall back on pulling out of the freezer. I stock up on things like pasta and rice sides when there is a sale, same thing with veggies and canned tomatos and the like.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails