Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dollar Tree Project


So with my FIL being a professional photographer, we are fortunate enough to have lots of REAL pictures of the kids--not just snapshots that I take! Rather than tuck them into drawers, I saw this idea on another blog (sorry, I don't remember where--I get to blog hopping and end up pretty far from "home" sometimes!) I made a quick trip to our local Dollar Tree store (where everything really is $1) and picked up several wallet-sized photo frames. They were awful--a flecked faux goldtone yuck, I didn't even waste a before pic on them!! A stop at Walmart for a can of Rustoleum Antique White spraypaint and I was all set. It was just a matter of popping off the easel stand, spraying the frames and then reassembling. I used some jute to make the hangers out of and voila! The hardest part was finding room on the tree for them--I may need another one next year....

3 comments:

SurferWife said...

Alright you blog hopper. Hop over to my blog and claim your award.

DashaD said...

Cute idea, Colleen! I will have to keep it in mind for next year (this year is overwhelming as is! LOL)

Melissa said...

I love it! I saw a project like that on Shanty2chic (I think). I'm going steal the idea and do it for Cora's lovely Santa picture.

Related Posts with Thumbnails