Friday, May 14, 2010

Flashback Friday!


This is Beckett--he's gotten cuter as he ages, LOL!!! I picked this for FBF because it was about 5 years ago that we found out we were expecting another boy. (This is not the u/s pic from THAT day however) Because of my "advanced maternal age"--that's medical code for "dang old!"--we had an amniocentecis performed at about 18 weeks. We weren't planning on being able to know at that appointment, so when the Dr (whom we had never seen before) said "do you want to know what you're having?", we were taken by surprise. We said "YES"! And she told the tech, "go ahead and tell them!". The next three words: "IT'S A BOY!" and my tears started. Yes, I cried and not for the "right" reasons. I was hoping for a girl, no lie. It wasn't a full-on sob, just silent tears, but they were there. The Dr was SO sweet, she asked if we were hoping for one or the other and I nodded, she asked if we were hoping for a boy and I shook my head. Then I said I was sorry for crying, we just need to be happy about a baby at all and she could have agreed with me and said "suck it up, Momma!!", but she didn't--she rubbed my leg and said it was just fine to have feelings like that.
They wanted to get some other views of Beckett and he wouldn't cooperate, so they had me get up and walk around to see if he'd move. While walking out to the hall I gave Kurt a kidney punch he'd never forget and then all was right in our world and we were happy as clams to be having a boy =)
If you look REALLY closely, you can see his naughty bits---HA!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails