Saturday, October 9, 2010

Show us your Life--Home Tour, Kitchen
















The home tour continues, once again hosted by Kelly on Kelly's Korner. I'm a little late getting this one up, so there are surely 100's linked up already for you to peek at!!






Our kitchen is not big, fancy, gourmet or futuristic. It IS however, cozy, well-used and a place I spend lots of time as I do actually cook at least 5 nights but usually 6 nights a week!! The kitchen WAS renovated not too long before we moved in, and while there are things I don't love about it (ie: floor!!) it functions just fine for us.






I'm not a HUGE fan of "stuff" on the counters and you won't see canisters or a fun cookbook stand out for display, but I do have some oil-type bottles, all courtesy of Goodwill as well as my little apothecary jars filled with cherries, also straight from Goodwill. I like the glass-front cabinets and would someday like to have just white dishes in there for our everyday use. The counter/bar area is where the little boys eat breakfast and snacks and we do eat supper there if it's just the 4 of us sometimes. Yes, there is a TV in here, the little boys watch PBS in the mornings and I love me some Two and a Half Men when I'm making dinner!!






Thanks for stopping by =)












Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's not a bad idea to have a TV in the kitchen. I love watching cooking shows while preparing meals.
You have a lovely kitchen.

Chris said...

I love your house. If you were closer, you could come decorate mine!

Allyson said...

Oh I love a home tour!!! I have always loved those glass front cabinets but have never had them. I think my OCD would kick in and everything would have to match and be facing the same direction. So, maybe it's a good thing we don't have them yet. ;) And I also love an uncluttered counter top. Doesn't it just let you THINK better? Your kitchen pictures ooze with comfort and that lived-in feeling. Like I could absolutely pop in for a cup of coffee and feel right at home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails