Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Freezing Fog and Hoar Frost






Wacky weather abounds here! While it's not uncommon to wake up in the morning to a gorgeous coating of Hoar Frost, it usually burns off by mid-morning. Saturday we were greeted by the flocked frost on everything--but it stayed! I took the pictures above on my way home from work tonight. (Pulled over to the side of the road with my window rolled down---HA! I'm not a huge "nature" photographer!)
The wind is supposed to pick up tomorrow, so that'll probably blow all of the trees bare again. Anything to get us closer to Spring!

6 comments:

Nic said...

Wow! We wouldn't know what to do if we woke up to that. Plus roads and schools shut down here when we have a inch of snow...LOL

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

Your shots are beautiful. I took a similar side-of-the-road shot yesterday, but the frost wasn't as thick and the light was very flat. (I posted it anyway.)

Chris said...

Wow, that's beautiful! As long as the roads were clear, I wouldn't mind seeing the trees like that all winter :o)

Allyson said...

Is it odd that I've never even HEARD of Hoar frost? Now I will have to go wikipedia it. We do get freezing fog in the dead of winter, though. The pictures are beautiful. I love winter, but generally I'm ready for spring sometime right after Christmas.

SurferWife said...

Wow! That's incredible!!

Wendy said...

Looks cold! But pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails