Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Planning Monday


And I continue to keep up with this portion of my New Years resolution!! Go me--HA! So far weekly meal planning is working out well--I love not driving home from work and trying to decide WHAT I'm going to come up with for supper (that way I don't have to text "IDK" in response to Parker's text of "what's for supper"!) We stayed pretty true to last weeks plan, except for the day when the little boys talked Kurt into spaghetti and ice cream (translation: China Buffet) so the hamburger pie got pushed to this week!
As before, I'm linking up with take a peek there for LOTS of menu ideas, and lots of those ladies post links to their recipes. I'm trying to pull from the freezer a little more--Kurt will love me for that, for example, I wanted to do BBQ pulled pork with a roast I was SURE was in the freezer. He looked and came up with a few beef roasts, but no pork. So, this is where I meet a goal of trying a new recipe, LOL.
Monday: Pulled BBQ beef in the crock pot on buns, potato chips, baked beans
Tuesday: Hamburger pie, rolls
Wednesday: Easy Round Steak, au gratin potatoes, veggie
Thursday: Stuffed peppers, not sure of a side
Friday: possible dinner out with my parents =)
Saturday: Crispy-Creamy Chicken, rice, veggie
Sunday: Steaks on the grill, baked potato, veggie

2 comments:

Nancy/BLissed-Out Grandma said...

It's great that you are able to plan, and equally great (I think) that you occasionally vary the plan!

Allyson said...

Don't you just hate it when you KNOW there is a roast in the freezer and it turns out to be like 8 pounds of bacon or something stupid? I'm so bad at making recipe substitutions to account for my mistake. They need to make an iPhone app for that. Is hamburger pie the same as shepherd's pie??

Related Posts with Thumbnails