Thursday, January 21, 2010

Truthful Thursday--New Year's Resolution Update!





So we're 3 weeks into 2010, and I posted here--for all to see--what I wanted to improve on throughout the year. So far I'd give myself a passing grade: I've been darn faithful with meal planning, paying particular attention to sale items and building from there. I've taken at least 4 nice size bags of items to the thrift store as a result of de-cluttering, and today I tackled 2 problem areas in the kitchen!
Under the sink is a perpetual nightmare, and I think I speak for MANY when I say that--HA! I discovered a watering can (and I haven't had a live plant since I don't know when), more sponges than I can use in a year--all new!, and all of the pieces to my battery-powered scrubber. Said battery-powered scrubber's location escapes me at the moment. I bought a trash can for under here so that I could open up some more space in the taller cabinet that I had other ideas for. In THAT cabinet I was able to slide in a tower of drawers to hold the snacks that the little boys like to indulge in--granola bars, fruit snacks, etc. Not HUGE amounts of visible improvement, but I'm happy that it's done!!

3 comments:

SurferWife said...

I would say that there is VAST improvement! I have areas like I need to tackle myself. It's just so easy to shit the door and say later!!

Wendy said...

Good for you! Now you can come do that at my house! Seems I organize and others come in nd destroy!

Allyson said...

It's so *sniff* beautiful...like poetry in motion...like dreams of unicorns and rainbows and puppy dogs playing in a field of lilac. OK..that might be a bit much...but I do love plastic bins and things with a place. Way to stick to your resolutions and it's almost February. 98% of the population has already given up at this point!

Do you think Surferwife meant to say "shut"?? :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails