Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions...


I admit it, I make em'. And, have been known to break em'. Last year was a much better year for me so I'm going to give it another go! A year ago I said I wanted to "lose weight", well---who doesn't, right?! I ended up shedding 35 of those bad boys!!!!! I do have to confess that a few of them found their way back over the holidays, so I need to chase them away and I'd like to send about 15 more packing. Along with that goal I want to add in some (more) physical activity. I have a fun pink exercise ball that I plan to become a whole lot more familiar with!!
I'd also like to improve my spending habits--I made good strides last year and want to compound on that. My goal is to not pay full price for anything--this means waiting for a sale and/or using coupons--double score if I can do both, HA! I want to be better about meal planning, I already loosely do this by checking out the local grocery store flyer, but think I can do better =)
A couple of years ago I resolved to be better about sending out Birthday cards--I love making them, should be sending them, right? Well, that goal was met, now I want to be better about sending "just because" cards!
DE-CLUTTERING is another continuing project--I've taken 3 big bags of "stuff" to the thrift store since Xmas and know there's more to go. Either list it on ebay, send it along to others, take it to consignment or donate it to the thrift store--if we're not using it, I want it out of here!!
One final resolutions (besides inner personal growth that I need to work on) is getting my pictures developed!!!! This doesn't seem like such a hard thing to do, but somehow it is for me! I snap away and download like crazy, but I like to flip through actual photo albums.
I'm actually off to a great start: I went to Walgreens this morning and got a bunch of photos ordered (with a coupon, $.09 a print!), bought cleaning supplies at Target (every item was on sale), stopped at the grocery store (meat for the week and beyond + more, $60 spent) and now am about to do some eBay listing (75% off of listing fees through tomorrow!) I may be too busy to slip in some exercise time...

1 comment:

SurferWife said...

OMG. Digital damn photos. They only live i my computer. And it drives me nuts. I need to do it, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails