Saturday, February 13, 2010

Making Valentines






So far, each year for Paxton's valentines I have made them at home. Handstamped so no cutesy cartoon characters or latest Disney sensation happening here! AND, instead of taping another piece of candy to the envelope, this lame Mom includes a toothbrush for each kid (Arielle is CERTAIN this gets Paxton beat up on the playground, but I think he's still safe. I, on the other hand, think the parents appreciate it!)
This year marked the first time that he/we had to come up with the container to hold all of the loot. Enter a shoebox from one of Parker's pair of shoes and construction paper. I papered the box while he wrote out the names of his classmates. He did get to stamp the lid, so he DID have a hand in that part =)
Next year this process will be multiplied by two. Jealous?

1 comment:

SurferWife said...

I'm sure the parents do indeed appreciate it. I always like the pencil idea, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails