Saturday, February 20, 2010

What's for Supper Saturday



So when I did my menu planning for the week, I knew chicken breasts were happening on Saturday, but wasn't sure what I'd do with them. My go-to solution is to check out allrecipes.com and see what I can find--HA! This one caught my eye, so supper it became! I've listed the ingredients as they were meant to be, but truth be told--I'm a huge "eye-baller" (for COOKING anyway, BAKING I do things right!). It was very moist and I do believe I'd turn to this one again =)
Chicken Breasts with Herb Basting Sauce
3 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Tbs minced onion
1 crushed clove of garlic
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 tsp sage
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbs parsley
4 bone-in chicken breasts, skin on

Mix the olive oil and spices together. Toss breasts in this to coat. Place breasts skin side up in 9x13 pan and cover. Place in pre-heated 425 degree oven. Bake 35-45 minutes, basting occasionally with juices. I took the foil off for the last 20 minutes to brown the chicken up nicely.
You could make the same basting sauce and toss it over some potatoes to roast along with the chicken--we had rice as a side though =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails