Sunday, February 28, 2010

Menu Planning Monday


You know my drill by now!! I have to say that I LOVE this New Year's resolution--I LOVE not spending my drive home from work wondering WHAT I'm going to make for dinner, I LOVE not having to resort to accepting dinner through the driver's side car window (much to the little boys disappointment--HA!) and I love the $$ savings that this creates. I go through the local grocery stores flyer and plan around what's on sale, or pull out of the freezer items that I previously bought on sale. Because I'm cheap (or Kurt will say "frugal" or "thrifty", but cheap works for me!!) Head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie's blog too--I'm telling you, TONS of ideas over there!!
Last week we tried 3 new recipes: 2 were definate hits (one is in the oven right now!). This week I'm falling back on a couple of favorites that I haven't made in a while--in fact, looking back on past posts, I have had VERY few repeats for the entire year, another benefit of meal planning, variety!! I am trying a couple of new things too, I'll let you know what we think =)

Monday: Class, no cooking for me!!
Tuesday: Tara's Chicken Tortellini, crusty bread
Wednesday: Kielbasa and cabbage, mashed potatoes
Thursday: Burgers on buns, fries, baked beans
Friday: Fish fillets, mac & cheese, peas
Saturday: Rosemary roasted pork tenderloin, roasted taters, veggie
Sunday: Incredible chicken breasts, rice, veggie

Just a note: 9 times out of 10 a "new" recipe that I do will come from allrecipes.com, so if I don't get the recipe posted here, chances are you'll find it there!!

2 comments:

Allyson said...

I totally agree...I LOVE the meal planning thing. I even found a meal planning "list" with magnets on the back at Michael's for $1! One side is each day's menu, the other is the grocery list. LOVE IT! Make my menu on Sunday night, do my shopping Monday morning and instead of spending $100/week on groceries, I've knocked it down to $60. Plus, we were able to reduce our "dining out" budget and use that money for more fun things! I love the allrecipes site. I also downloaded the SparkPeople recipes app to my iPod Touch and use that A LOT...especially the 5 star recipes!! Congrats on keeping up with this. I think it makes a huge difference in the credit card bill AND the quality of life!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the kind words! Congrats to you on your nursing degree as well! I always admired the working moms that were in my class... I don't know how you do it!! Way to go girl!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails