Monday, July 19, 2010

Menu Planning Monday


Here we are again!!! My meal planning took a minor hit yesterday when I went to do grocery shopping and some of the items I was planning on were not available--GRRRRRRR! I came home and pulled some things out of the freezer, but then I ran over to another location at lunch today and got what it was I wanted.
Allyson is a doll of a blogger who almost always leaves a sweet comment on MPM, and last week she asked about veggies (a lot of times I leave that blank b/c Paxton will make a request AS I'm making dinner, so I leave a bit of flexibility there). With fresh veggies so available this time a year I do green beans, asparagus, carrots, corn on the cob, baked tomatoes (although Kurt isn't a big fan, sometimes he suffers in the name of love) My favorite was to do them is roasting--if it works out in the meal that I have planned. I just cut them into pieces, toss with some olive oil, kosher salt, cracked pepper and a little spoonful of minced garlic and slide the dish the oven next to the meat. My Mom likes roasted broccoli, but it didn't do anything for me, but hey---give it a whirl and see!!
For us this week:

Monday: Parker talked Kurt into China Buffet
Tuesday: Meatball subs, chips, fresh fruit
Wednesday: Steaks on the grill, baked taters, veggie
Thursday: Tatortot casserole, biscuits
Friday: Crispy-Creamy chicken, rice, beans
Saturday: Pork tenderloin medallions, stuffing, veggie
Sunday: Beef roast, mashed taters and gravy, carrots

Linking up with I'm an Organizing Junkie---as always!!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Yay!! A new veggie idea! I had never thought about roasting tomatoes and as a raw vegetable, I don't much care for them. Like those people who salt a tomato and then bite into it? That pretty much makes me want to hurl. But roasted tomatoes I could DEFINITELY do. I do love fresh corn on the cob and asparagus and I have a fridge full of potatoes right now. But I think I'll add tomatoes to my list. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails