Thursday, July 29, 2010

More Goodwill Makeover Magic




I've been wanting a shelf to put in Parker's room to display some of his golf goodies, but knew I'd be painting it to match some other pieces in his room. That means I didn't want to buy NEW, but new to ME would be just perfect. Enter Goodwill!! I've been looking for awhile now, and the bulk of remote possibilities contained details like heart cut-outs straight from the 80's, but patience was rewarded when I picked up this floating shelf for a whopping $1.99.
Once home I sanded it (it had a nice cherry finish, but not what I wanted in this case), sweet-talked my husband into wrestling the lid off of the paint can and gave this bad boy 3 coats of paint. I hung it up, accesorized with (currently empty) golf ball photo frames and metal sculpture pieces from HL and called it done!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails